“This broad, gutsy red delivers lots of mouthfilling plum, blackberry, roasted fig, bramble, smouldering tobacco and warm stone notes. Dark and dense through the finish, but well-delineated. Drink now through 2016. 90 points” James Molesworth.
To be included as a ‘Smart Buy’ in the Buying Guide, 30th September 2012 issue.
Find it on our websiteClick here: www.frenchwines-direct.co.uk
- 2009 Vintage: 90 Points in The Wine Spectator: “This broad, gutsy red delivers lots of mouthfilling plum, blackberry, roasted fig, bramble, smoldering tobacco and warm stone notes. Dark and dense through the finish, but well-delineated. Drink now through 2016. 3,000 cases imported.—J.M.” James Molesworth writing for The Wine Spectator. September 2012.
- 2009 Vintage: Sommelier Wine Awards 2012 - Gold
- 2009 Vintage: International Wine & Spirit Competition 2012 - Silver
- 2009 Vintage: China Best Value Wine Awards 2012: Gold Award
- 2009 Vintage: Decanter 2012 - Bronze
- 2007 Vintage: China Wine Challenge 2011 - Bronze 2007 Vintage: IWSC 2011 - Silver
- 2006 Vintage: Sommelier Wine Awards 2010 - Gold & Critic's Choice Award
- 2006 Vintage: IWSC 2009 - Bronze
- 2009 Vintage: "Unfussy and flavoursome – and excellent value left our panel in no doubt, this was Gold material. Black fruit flavours with hints of spice and a medicinal note to the nose. On the palate, consultant Sarah Jane Evans MW said: 'Very juicy, with a mocha note. Very fun - good House Wine,' while consultant Peter McCombie MW simply said 'Gutsy!' Food matches range from pub classic shepherds pie to plum crumble." Sommelier Wine Awards 2012 2006 Vintage: "A medium-ruby wine that has plenty of light, savoury, earthy notes and some tannins supporting the finish. 'Dark fruits and spicy, slightly meaty richness' said an approving Tom Forrest." In a competition where only 5 Golds were awarded to Rhone wines, 4 were supplied by Boutinot, with 2 actually being made by Boutinot. "...we must also pass special congratulations to Boutinot. Its two cheaper reds were excellent value for money and ought to be must-stocks for any venue." "Quite how the winemakers have managed to produce a Gold list-winning Rhone red at this price, I have no idea. Ridiculously good value, with approachable fruit but also a real sense of place, this wine deserves to be the workhorse red on lists up and down the country." Sommelier Wine Awards 2010, Judges Comments